To be successful in any government organisation, people not only need to be able to discover and understand new insights, but they also need to communicate those insights effectively.
Begin your journey into the world of Data Visualisation and Data Storytelling with this engaging and educational session. Designed to help build an understanding on how to effectively leverage techniques of engagement, information presentation, and design thinking, to establish effective Data Visualisation. Attendees will develop skills that will help improve the effectiveness of anyone who needs to communicate information and insights with colleagues, peers, and the world.
This Data Visualisation session will use a combination of inspirational and informative examples of world-class Data Visualisations, along with easy to understand data visualisation and communication techniques, to help attendees gain high-level insights on how to use Data Visualisation frameworks and apply tips-and-tricks to develop Data Visualisations that will engage, entertain and inspire future decision makers.
Attendees will participate in some team activities and will walk through an example of the end-to-end process of developing an Interactive Business focused Dashboard, using the industry leading Data Visualisation software.
Join expert data visualisation specialist Paul Hodge for this intensive workshop to gain new skills or refine your existing skills in the core elements of successful data storytelling including engagement, presentation and design thinking. On the back of a sold out workshop, Paul will expand on these core elements to support you with the skills to leverage data in new ways and for greater influence.
What can I expect from an intensive workshop?Even though we are going virtual don’t worry - you won’t miss out on any of the benefits of a face to face event! Here’s what you can expect.
- Highly interactive learning - Designed to give you all the same interactive and hands-on learning experiences you normally would, you won’t be a passive observer in this workshop. Be an active participant through group based activities and get feedback from an expert on your work
- Networking opportunities - Make new connections with your peers in a small group setting
- Module-based learning - Giving you the time to digest the content and put new skills and methods into practice between module one, two and three
Who should attend?Federal, state and local government representatives. This intensive workshop is ideal for anyone with a role or responsibility for representing or communicating insights or concepts using data and want to improve their data storytelling capabilities. The workshop is well suited to those with roles and responsibilities for:
- Business Analysis
- Data & Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Statistical Analysis
- Research & Reporting
- Performance & Strategy
This workshop is designed as an introduction. A basic understanding of how to use Excel would be an advantage but is not necessary.
What will you take away?
- Why data storytelling and data visualisation are powerful organisational tools
- Understand the principles of engagement, information presentation, and user-centric design for creating effective data visualisations
- Data Visualisation tips and techniques that can be applied in the real-world
- Explore the end-to-end development of an interactive business focused dashboard
What People Are Saying
Endorsers & Media Partners
DAMA Australia Inc is an Australian association composed of state based branches. The organisation is governed at the national level by a National Executive made up of branches representatives. Each branch has its own committee responsible for local events.
DAMA Australia is part of the worldwide network of more than 60 DAMA chapters which form DAMA International. An Affiliation Agreement has been executed between DAMA International and DAMA Australia.
DAMA Australia is dedicated to improving and promoting the field of Information Management.
- Promote the understanding and practice of managing information as a key enterprise asset.
- Help information management practitioners become more knowledgeable and skilled in their profession.
- Provide a forum for exchange of information, problems, ideas, experiences, resources, and questions.
- Conduct regular presentations on information management related topics.
- Promote the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DM BOK).
- Teach and administer the international certification program – Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).