DAMA Australia Inc is an Australian association composed of state based branches. The organisation is governed at the national level by a National Executive made up of branches representatives. Each branch has its own committee responsible for local events.
DAMA Australia is part of the worldwide network of more than 60 DAMA chapters which form DAMA International. An Affiliation Agreement has been executed between DAMA International and DAMA Australia.
DAMA Australia is dedicated to improving and promoting the field of Information Management.
- Promote the understanding and practice of managing information as a key enterprise asset.
- Help information management practitioners become more knowledgeable and skilled in their profession.
- Provide a forum for exchange of information, problems, ideas, experiences, resources, and questions.
- Conduct regular presentations on information management related topics.
- Promote the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DM BOK).
- Teach and administer the international certification program – Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).