Growing the workforce through COVID-19 and beyond
In partnership with:
The aged care workforce is the single greatest resource providers have to survive and thrive in the face of the COVID-19 crisis, the increased scrutiny of a Royal Commission and the pressure of meeting new quality standards. However with an ageing workforce that is chronically overlooked by potential professional and non-professional candidates and often negatively represented in the media – there is a great deal of collective work needed to identify and resource the workforce of the future.
This year, join progressive providers from across Australia to participate in practical conversations about the workforce of the future. Designed in partnership with COTA Australia and Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA), the Strengthening the Aged Care Workforce conference is your opportunity to connect with leaders in the aged care sector during an era of social distancing. Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the workforce and learn best practice for effective, timely and engaging communication with your staff. Then think pragmatically about how to grow the workforce and support employees to deliver person-centric care that reflects the needs of all consumers.
Why attend this event?
- Hear from policy makers, experts and peak bodies on how we collectively transform how the public and industry view the aged care workforce
- Benchmark against other providers and learn from the steps they have taken to engage their workforce during the COVID-19 crisis
- Take away insights on how to best support the mental health and wellbeing of your greatest resource
- Understand what it takes to build a truly diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of all consumers
- Learn how you can future-proof your workforce in partnership with the education sector
- Bypass social distancing and keep growing your professional network by connecting digitally
- Share your thoughts and ask your burning questions in interactive polls, panel discussions and Live Q&A
Who will attend?
Senior Leaders and Middle Management from Home and Residential Aged Care Providers with responsibilities for:
- Human Resources
- People and Culture
- Workforce Planning
- Rostering and Workforce Management
- Learning and Development
- Practice and Quality
Attend to learn:
- Unpack the current state of the workforce & the impact of COVID-19
- Improve communication with staff & addressing staff engagement & wellbeing
- Identify & resource the aged care workforce of the future
- Train & support staff to deliver high quality, person centred care