Why you? Because you are the future of APS leadership
Whether you know it or not, you are about to make history.
There are currently far more women than men working in the APS, but this is heavily skewed to positions of EL2 and below. Your current level of APS 3-4 is the most highly populated by women, making up over 70% of the workforce. The need for more women in senior leadership is clear, and most if not all departments are working hard to achieve overall gender parity in leadership.
This means that you have both the best opportunity and the highest probability of moving into leadership and changing the game for women in public sector leadership. Are you willing to step up and take the challenge?
Designed with you in mind, this two-session seminar will help you reach new heights of professional performance and set you on your leadership journey with confidence. Learn how to identify and mobilise your strengths and networks, build your professional brand and presence, increase your influence and decode your organisation’s power matrix, build resilience in yourself so you can take setbacks in your stride and chart a roadmap of your future career progression into leadership. Join us to develop the right mindset, skillset and toolset to shine brightly in your role and break new ground for women in public sector leadership.
This seminar is:
- Designed to minimise time ‘out of the office’ so you can stay on top of your work
- Evidence-based and time-tested. This is a waffle-free zone, these strategies are 100% effective
- Tailored for you. With content and learning activities designed with your role and your challenges in mind
Testimonials for Nell’s past programs:
- “This course gave me so many practical, easy to use tools, I can’t wait to get back to the office to start using them.” – Systems Engineer, Department of Defence, November 2020
- “Highly recommend this for anyone wanting a confidence boost and some practical training. If I could do it again I would!” – Senior Analyst, Department of Home Affairs, November 2020
- “What a fantastic course! I thoroughly enjoyed Nell’s presentation, she provided some very valuable tips and insights that I will be able to use in my organisation as well as my role. Highly recommended!” – Director of Business Management, Department of Defence, November 2020
- “The staff concur that Nell’s highly professional, research-led, robust and creative program was the single most significant professional development they had experienced.” – Head of Activation and Learning, Art Gallery of NSW
Who will attend?
Aspiring, emerging and existing female leaders across the Australian Public Sector in APS3 – APS4 or state-based equivalent roles such as:
Who is this not for?
- Seasoned managers with established networks
- Director through to C-Suite
- Anyone with a strong working knowledge of these topics
* If this is not recommended for you, we highly recommend you consider our APS 5-6 Women in Leadership Masterclass, EL1-EL2 Women in Leadership Masterclass and Public Sector Executive Leadership Summit
Attend to learn:
- Direct your career forward by discovering your strengths, inhibitors and most valuable networks
- Cultivate greater confidence and presence in your organisation to emphasise your value
- Increase your impact and influence by mapping your organisation’s power terrain and define techniques to influence key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain professional resilience with proactive and reactive strategies