Women in Banking & Financial Services Leadership is a comprehensive and inclusive, educationally-focused program over two virtual conference days. Designed to inspire, empower and inform, it will place particular focus on what women in senior leadership roles have learned on their journey, what advice they have for emerging leaders, the core skills of successful contemporary leaders, and what needs to be done to overcome institutional barriers to women in banking and financial services leadership. Featuring keynotes, case studies and interactive discussions by CEOs and Senior Leaders from some of Australia’s strongest banks and financial services organisations.
Who will attend?
This event is designed for senior and aspiring leaders from banking and financial service firms across Australia including:
- Female Leaders - Designed for female executives and individuals who want to harness their potential and progress their careers
- Executive Leadership Teams - To enhance the learning outcomes of the event and better leverage their talent, organisations are encouraged to bring their leadership teams
- People Strategy Leaders - This program is highly beneficial for senior HR, diversity and L&D professionals looking to drive organisational change and development
- Male Change Champions - We encourage male change champions who see the value and importance of leadership diversity to join the discussion alongside female leaders
What can I expect from a virtual conference?
Even though we are going virtual don’t worry - you won’t miss out on any of the benefits of a face to face event!
Here’s what you can expect.
- Highly interactive learning - Designed to give you all the same interactive and hands-on learning experiences you would normally expect, you won’t be a passive observer at this conference. Be an active participant through small group breakout sessions, Q&A, panel discussions and share your opinion through live polling
- Networking opportunities - Make new connections with your peers
- On-demand content - Can't make every session? We recommend that you join as many sessions live as possible, but all of the digital content will be recorded and available on demand as part of your live stream package!
Attend to learn:
- Be an authentic, engaged and inspiring leader
- Overcome barriers to leadership and maintain resilience
- Take risks, back yourself and communicate your value
- Navigate work-life balance and senior leadership
- Seize opportunity in the new banking and financial services climate
Australian Banking Association
Anna Bligh is the Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Banking Association. Her priorities include strengthening the culture in banking and delivering the right outcomes for customers.
Anna has had a long and distinguished career in politics, and was the Premier of Queensland for almost five years until March 2012. She was also Deputy Premier and Treasurer of Queensland and held ministerial responsibilities in Education, Social Welfare, Arts, Economic and State
Development and Infrastructure.
Anna’s leadership came to national and international attention as she led the response and recovery effort to devastating floods in Queensland in January 2011.
Prior to joining the ABA, Anna was the CEO of YWCA NSW, a not-for-profit organisation striving tobuild a safer world for women and children with programs and services dedicated to ending domestic violence.
In recognition of her eminent service to the Parliament of Queensland, and as an advocate for education, the role of women in public life and services to the not-for-profit sector, Anna received a Companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia award in the 2017 Australia Day Honours list.
Anna holds Honorary Doctorates from the University of Queensland and Griffith University.
Anna Bligh is a non-executive director of Medibank Private and a Board Member of the International Banking Federation (IBFed).
With over 25 years’ financial services experience, Susan was appointed Chief Executive Officer for Mortgage Choice in April 2018 following nine successful years as the company’s Chief Finance Officer.
Susan has enjoyed an international career holding a number of senior finance roles including Credit Suisse and KPMG (UK), Bear Stearns (US) and ABN Amro and Seiza Capital in Australia, before joining Mortgage Choice as Chief Finance Officer in February 2009.
She is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) and holds a MBA from The University of Texas at Austin, and a BFA degree from the Tulane University.
David is the CEO for Cbus, the national industry fund for more than 750,000 building andconstruction workers Australia wide, with AUD$55 billion funds under management.
He is Chair of SuperFriend a not-for-profit mental health foundation focused on creating mentally healthy workplaces and a member of the Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative Steering Committee.
David was also the Australian asset owner representative on the PRI Board (Principles ofResponsible Investment) from 2009-2015 and is also currently an alternate Director on the Australian Council of Superannuation Investors.
David has a BA Hons University of Melbourne, Master of Arts Latrobe University and a Diploma of Financial Services and was recognised with distinguished alumni award from LaTrobe University for his work in sustainable finance field and also awarded the FEAL Fund Executive of the Year 2017
Van is an expert in customer experience strategy and design, having worked across financial services, telco, energy and education sectors. Her experience spans public policy, regulatory strategy, business and product development, operational excellence, leadership and resilience programs and organisational change and transformation. Van has an MBA, is a former lawyer, regulator and lecturer at UNSW. Since 2013 she has also served on SDN Children’s Services’ research and ethics committee.