What is Dare to Lead?
Based on the research of Dr Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be run by certified facilitators exclusively. Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is also the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers including her blockbuster book Dare to Lead. This masterclass is designed as a shortcut to Brené’s extended Dare to Lead™ curriculum, and will explore all of its key concepts in half the time to optimise your professional development.
Will you be a Brave Leader?
Leaders come from all walks of life, but you all share the same challenge. To be effective, you need to effectively lead people. And to effectively lead people, you need to truly connect with them.
To do this, you don’t need to be likeable, charming or manipulative. You need to be courageous.
Dr Brené Brown has devoted her life to researching courageous people and courageous leadership. Her most significant and actionable findings are that courageous leaders all employ four skill sets, and that these are teachable, measurable, and observable. This exclusive masterclass has been developed by Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator Michelle Holland in partnership with The Hatchery to examine each of these four key skills and how you can apply them immediately in your role and organisation with powerful effect.
Become the leader your people need you to be. Do not miss this opportunity to interact with the concepts and tools created by Dr Brené Brown and her team, and gain personalised feedback and action plans from one of her certified facilitators.
What will you learn?
Dare to Lead™ is an interactive masterclass designed to examine the four key skills of courageous leaders. Over three live and interactive modules, you will cultivate these key leadership behaviours:
• Rumbling with Vulnerability: Vulnerability is the emotion that we experience during times of uncertainty, risk, emotional exposure. It involves having the courage to show up, fully engage and be seen when you can’t control the outcome.
• Living into your Values: A value is a way of being or belief that we hold most important. Living into your values requires a clear understanding of your core values, having a strong sense of the behaviours that are in alignment with those values, recognising when your behaviour is out of alignment and course-correcting as needed.
• Braving Trust: Trust is built in small gestures and over time. It is an iterative process between two people or within a team that is based on behaviours in seven specific areas. These areas are captured by the acronym BRAVING (Boundaries, Reliability, Accountability, Vault, Integrity, Non Judgment, and Generosity).
• Learning to Rise: Learning to Rise is about getting up from our falls, overcoming our mistakes, and facing setbacks in a way that brings more learning and strength. As tough as it is, the payoff is huge. When we have the courage to face our experiences of failure and disappointment, and own those stories, we then get to write the ending. Because when we don’t own our stories of failure, setbacks and hurt—they own us.
Who will attend?
Managers and leaders from across the private and public sector. Anyone who leads people should attend this masterclass.
• Management through to senior leadership
• Director, Team Leader, Manager, Secretary, Assistant Commissioner and C-Suite
• Learning and development practitioners and HR leaders
• Anyone looking to lead more effectively and create a high performing culture
Who is this not for?
This masterclass is designed as a foundational guide to implementing Brené Brown’s ideas in your role and organisation. Do not attend this course if you have attended a past Dare to Lead program, unless purely as a refresher.
- Understand courageous leadership and how to implement it in your role
- Remove your barriers to courage and the “armour” you wear at work
- Improve trust and relationships at work to lift productivity and effectiveness
- Develop your emotional literacy for key sentiments including shame, empathy and grief
- Bring your personal and organisational values to life
- Giving and receiving feedback that is meaningful and improves performance
- Rising strong after failure to gain knowledge and courage
Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator
In the balmy city of San Antonio, Texas in early 2019, Michelle Holland
became a Dare to Lead™ facilitator certified by Dr Brené Brown herself.
Michelle is a specialist in business culture transformation and selfactualised Leadership. She brings the Dare to Lead program to life by showing you how to apply the four courage-building skill sets to improve your leadership style, and your team and organisation culture, and as a bonus… improve your life.
Michelle’s dream is to create workplaces where people are valued and feel safe, and organisations that are great places to work and do business. In 2013, after holding a range of positions in human resources and senior management, Michelle founded SynergyIQ a management consultancy. Michelle now runs SynergyIQ with her business partner, and a team of amazing consulting and change professionals specialising in leadership, culture, and change.