Built with the leadership tools of Dr Brené Brown.
Watch the full podcast here.
What is Dare to Lead™?Dare to Lead™ is a unique and powerful leadership development program that is transforming people, teams and organisations.
“When we dare to lead, we don’t pretend to have the right answers; we stay curious and ask the right questions. We don’t see power as finite and hoard it; we know that power becomes infinite when we share it with others." - Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™
Based on the research of Dr Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be run by certified facilitators exclusively. Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy.
She is also the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers including Dare to Lead, which is the culmination of a seven-year study on courage and leadership. This masterclass is designed as a shortcut to Brené’s extended Dare to Lead™ curriculum, and will explore all of its key concepts in half the time to optimise your professional development.
Will you Dare to Lead?
Leaders come from all walks of life, but you all share the same challenge. To be effective, you need to effectively lead people. And to effectively lead people, you need to truly connect with them. To do this, you don’t need to be likeable, charming or manipulative. You need to be courageous.
Dr. Brené Brown has devoted her life to researching courageous people and courageous leadership. Her most significant and actionable findings are that courageous leaders all employ four skill sets, and that these are teachable, measurable, and observable. This exclusive masterclass has been developed by Certified Dare to Lead™ facilitator Michelle Holland in partnership with The Hatchery to examine and teach each of the four key skills of vulnerability, living our values, braving trust and learning to rise. Course participants will be able to apply them immediately and with powerful effect.
There are no right answers anymore. Instead, we need leaders to embrace the discomfort of vulnerability, show up as their true authentic selves, and create the space for others to do the same.
Become the leader your people need you to be. Do not miss this opportunity to interact with the concepts and tools of Dr. Brené Brown and gain personalised feedback and action plans from one of her certified facilitators.
What will you learn?
Dare to Lead™ is an interactive masterclass designed to examine the four key skills of courageous leaders. Over three live and interactive modules, you will cultivate these key leadership behaviours:
- Rumbling with Vulnerability: Vulnerability is the emotion that we experience during times of uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure. It involves having the courage to show up, fully engage and be seen when you can't control the outcome.
- Living into your Values: A value is a way of being or belief that we hold most important. Living into your values requires a clear understanding of your core values, having a strong sense of the behaviours that are in alignment with those values, recognising when your behaviour is out of alignment and course-correcting as needed.
- Braving Trust: Trust is built in small gestures and over time. It is an iterative process between two people or within a team that is based on behaviours in seven specific areas. These areas are captured by the acronym BRAVING (Boundaries, Reliability, Accountability, Vault, Integrity, Non Judgement, and Generosity).
- Learning to Rise: Learning to Rise is about getting up from our falls, overcoming our mistakes, and facing setbacks in a way that brings more learning and strength. As tough as it is, the payoff is huge. When we have the courage to face our experiences of failure and disappointment, and own those stories, we then get to write the ending. Because when we don’t own our stories of failure, setbacks and hurt—they own us.
- 3+ save 10%
- 5+save 15%
- 9+ save 20%
Who should attend?Managers and leaders from across the public and private sectors. This masterclass is relevant to anyone who leads people and wants to transform the way they lead.
Who is this not for?This masterclass is designed as a foundational guide to implementing Brene Brown’s ideas in your role and organisation. Do not attend this course if you have attended a past Dare to Lead program, unless purely as a refresher.
Learn with your team!Group discounts available. Book as a group and save!
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
What will I learn at this Masterclass?
- Lead with bravery and implement it in your role to unlock your potential
- Remove your barriers to courage and the "armour" you wear at work
- Improve trust and relationships at work to lift productivity and effectiveness
- Develop your emotional literacy for key sentiments vital to leadership
- Identify and live your personal values and align your organisational values
- Learn to deliver honest, productive feedback and master difficult conversations
- Rise strong after failure to gain knowledge and courage
- Identify the root causes of problems and avoid rushing to ineffective solutions
In the balmy city of San Antonio, Texas in early 2019, Michelle Holland became one of the first Dare to Lead™ facilitators to be certified by Dr Brené Brown herself.
Adding to her research of the last 20 years, Brené has studied how to apply her unique personal development formula to the workplace. She discovered a method of helping leaders become courageous leaders, and now it’s time to share it with the world.
Michelle is a specialist in business culture transformation and self-actualised Leadership. She brings the Dare to Lead program to life by showing you how to apply the four courage-building skill sets to improve your leadership style, and your team and organisation culture, and as a bonus… improve your life.
Fiona is an executive coach and senior organisational consultant, passionate about helping people connect to purpose. She is recognised as a caring, inquisitive coach effective in aligning business strategy with practical solutions to enhance individual, team, and organisation performance.
She has an honest, direct, and spirited facilitation style that is appreciated by her clients and believes in empowering the people in organisations to create the environment and conditions where they can realise their potential.
Fiona pairs her creative thinking, determination, and effective client relationship skills with her broad knowledge of organisational effectiveness and dogged determination to get results. She works with leaders from large corporate organisations and the public sector, as well as not for profits, higher education, and a range of other industries.
What People Are Saying
“It re-energised my value of life long learning! Michelle provided us with practical tools that we could implement in both our working and personal lives straight away. It truly is life changing and opens your mind to a new way of thinking.”Robyn Birch, Assistant Director Business Operations and Governance, Department of Defence
“This course is a breath of fresh air for the leaders of today, where being human, vulnerable and leaning into emotions and their basis is seen as a great strength rather than a weakness. I believe this is the way of the leaders across all walks of life.”Janice Abbey, Senior Scientist, Food Standards Australia, June 2022
“The training was motivating, inspiring, thought provoking and on-point! Every emerging leader as well as every leader with years of experience should participate!”Lesley Wood, Team Leader, The Benevolent Society, June 2022
“It was a great program and I would recommend the course for emerging leaders, as it’s a terrific introduction and opportunity to learn that vulnerability is okay.”Joel Wiseman, Assistant Coordinator, Australian Federal Police, April 2022
“This was a really informative event which helped me think about the ways in which I can better my leadership qualities and help improve the work that myself and my team members can produce to support each other.”Xavier Bell, Financial Capability Advisor, Department of Industry Science Energy and Resources, Australian Federal Government, May 2022