Participants will learn a powerful new framework to identify data-rich storytelling opportunities across a diverse range of content formats. Referencing relevant case studies and examples, you will learn how to apply this framework to annual reports and print collateral, internal communications, social media marketing, advertising, and videos and animation.
This masterclass will equip participants to make more confident storytelling decisions when working with data and to collaborate more effectively with designers and other colleagues to produce unique, compelling and accessible content.
What can I expect from this online Masterclass?• Walk away with a storytelling framework that you will be able to implement immediately
• A personalised learning experience: With a maximum of 25 participants, in this intimate and hands-on Masterclass, you will have the opportunity to share your personal objectives and organisational challenges, work in small groups to solve problems, have 1-1 discussions with the facilitator and receive personalised feedback and insights.
• Professional live online event delivery team and live IT support: This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers. Our live event delivery team will be online with you to address any IT challenges and support the facilitator so everyone can focus on learning without any distractions.
• Build new connections and a support network of like-minded peers: You’ll get the opportunity to collaborate and problem-solve with a new network of public sector marketing and communications professionals.
• Access and engage in real-time anywhere in Australia and on any device: This seminar is accessible on your computer, mobile or tablet using Zoom Meetings through your browser or smart app.
Who will attend?Federal, State and Local Government Professionals with a responsibility for:
• Media Relations
• Digital/Social Media
• Public Relations & Public Affairs
• Stakeholder Engagement
Looking to run this course in-house?
Please enquire with our Event Sevices Team
Private Training Package 25pax $29,999 +GST
Benefits of attending
- Learn a new storytelling framework to develop compelling content across a range of formats
- Make more confident storytelling decisions when working with your data
- Understand the important difference between infographics & data visualisation
- Learn how to pair the right storyline with the right chart or graph
- Conceptualise data-rich content that is both engaging & accessible
Cameron starts every project in the same way – by asking lots of questions.
An award-winning journalist and editor, he helps organisations to find the words, stories, and content that reveal who they are.
Cameron is a founding editorial board member of the Journal of Educational Advancement and Marketing (UK) and leads a series of content training courses for the Executive Education program at the Queensland University of Technology.
Cameron regularly speaks at conferences and leads workshops and webinars on best practice storytelling. He has taught journalism and creative non-fiction at the University of Queensland and delivered corporate
communications training courses on behalf of the Queensland Writers Centre, and Writers Victoria.
Cameron scores an average 94% customer satisfaction rating!
What People Are Saying
“Really enjoyed learning from Cameron. He shared lots of great examples and insights.”Department of Home Affairs, 23-24 March 2022
“Wonderful course, full of handy pieces of information and examples that I could instantly connect to the work that I do and see pathways to even more effective solutions.”Communications, WorkSafe Tasmania, 30-31 March 2022
“Highly recommended for public sector communications staff!”Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, 16-17 May 2022