Begin your journey into the world of Data Visualisation and Data Storytelling with this engaging and educational session. Designed to help build an understanding on how to effectively leverage techniques of engagement, information presentation, and design thinking, to establish effective Data Visualisation. Attendees will develop skills that will help improve the effectiveness of anyone who needs to communicate information and insights with colleagues, peers, and the world.
This Data Visualisation session will use a combination of inspirational and informative examples of world-class Data Visualisations, along with easy to understand Data Visualisation and communication techniques, to help attendees gain high-level insights on how to use Data Visualisation frameworks and apply tips-and-tricks to develop Data Visualisations that will engage, entertain and inspire future decision makers.
Attendees will participate in some team activities and will walk through an example of the end-to-end process of developing an Interactive Business focused Dashboard, using the industry leading Data Visualisation software.
Join expert data visualisation specialist Paul Hodge for this workshop to gain new skills or refine your existing skills in the core elements of successful data storytelling including engagement, presentation and design thinking. Paul will expand on these core elements to support you with the skills to leverage data in new ways and for greater influence.
This workshop is:• Highly rated: Paul has received an average customer satisfaction of 98% for his content and presentation
• In high demand: Over 320 attendees have participated in this workshop over 2020-2021
• Practical: Featuring a live and interactive tutorial demo
What can I expect from a virtual workshop?• The support and guidance of a data visualisation expert - Ask your questions and work through challenges
• Networking opportunities - Make new connections with your peers in a small group setting
• Module-based learning - Giving you the time to digest the content and put new skills and methods into practice between module one, two and three
• Professional online event delivery team and live IT support: This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers. Our live event delivery team will be online with you to address any IT challenges and support
Who should attend?Federal, state and local government representatives. This workshop is ideal for anyone with a role or responsibility for representing or communicating insights or concepts using data and want to improve their Data Storytelling capabilities. The workshop is well suited to those with roles and responsibilities for:
• Business Analysis
• Data & Analytics
• Business Intelligence
• Statistical Analysis
• Research & Reporting
• Performance & Strategy
This workshop is designed as an introduction. A basic understanding of how touse Excel would be an advantage but is not necessary.
Need a business proposal to send to your boss. Click here to download the template
What will you take away?
- Why data storytelling and data visualisation are powerful organisational tools
- Understand the principles of engagement, information presentation, and user-centric design for creating effective data visualisations
- Data visualisation tips and techniques that can be applied in the real-world
- Explore the end-to-end development of an interactive business focused dashboard
Data Visualisation Evangelist
Paul Hodge is a Data Visualisation University Lecturer and Corporate Educator with a passion for exploring the intersection between data, design, and storytelling. By elevating everyone’s potential to engage, inform, and leverage design principles, Paul believes that we all have the ability to inspire people and share our insights in ways that can improve the world and make it a more interesting place to live in.
Leveraging his entrepreneurial spirit and drawing on a blend of business acumen and deep technical experience, Paul continues to work closely with C-level executive management, while bringing together business, technical and analytic teams to improve their productivity and achieve outstanding business outcomes.
A true global citizen, Paul also has a world of experience having lived and worked in the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Europe, and his native Australia.
What People Are Saying
“Paul’s data visualisation skills are dynamite! He is very high energy and the examples he showed us will make a big difference to my data storytelling ability.”
“Loved the course. Data visualisation was explained in an engaging and clear manner. Lots of practical tips to clarify complex data for our audience. I feel much more confident in taking the data and highlighting insights.”
“I really enjoyed the course. I would highly recommend this program for anyone who works with data on a regular basis.”
“The team did a great job facilitating participatory online conversations that kept us engaged while training online.”Skills and Employment, September 2021