Begin your journey into the world of Data Visualisation and Data Storytelling with this engaging and educational session. Designed to help build an understanding on how to effectively leverage techniques of engagement, information presentation, and design thinking, to establish effective Data Visualisation. Attendees will develop skills that will help improve the effectiveness of anyone who needs to communicate information and insights with colleagues, peers, and the world.
This Data Visualisation session will use a combination of inspirational and informative examples of world-class Data Visualisations, along with easy to understand Data Visualisation and communication techniques, to help attendees gain high-level insights on how to use Data Visualisation frameworks and apply tips-and-tricks to develop Data Visualisations that will engage, entertain and inspire future decision makers.
Attendees will participate in some team activities and will walk through an example of the end-to-end process of developing an Interactive Business focused Dashboard, using the industry leading Data Visualisation software.
Join expert data visualisation specialist Paul Hodge for this intensive workshop to gain new skills or refine your existing skills in the core elements of successful data storytelling including engagement, presentation and design thinking. On the back of a sold out workshop, Paul will expand on these core elements to support you with the skills to leverage data in new ways and for greater influence.
What can I expect from a virtual workshop?
• Highly interactive learning - Designed to give you all the same interactive and hands-on learning experiences you normally would, you won’t be a passive observer in this workshop. Get involved with group based activities and get feedback from an expert on your work
• Networking opportunities - Make new connections with your peers in a small group setting
• Module-based learning - Giving you the time to digest the content and put new skills and methods into practice between module one, two and three
• Take home resources and learning materials, including access to workshop recordings to revisit on-demand
Who will attend?
Federal, state and local government representatives. This intensive workshop is ideal for anyone with a role or responsibility for representing or communicating insights or concepts using data and want to improve their Data Storytelling capabilities. The workshop is well suited to those with roles and responsibilities for: • Business Analysis • Data & Analytics • Business Intelligence • Statistical Analysis • Research & Reporting • Performance & Strategy
This workshop is designed as an introduction. A basic understanding of how to use Excel would be an advantage but is not necessary.
What will you take away?
- Why Data Storytelling and Data Visualisation are powerful organisational tools
- Understand the principles of engagement, information presentation, and user-centric design for creating effective data visualisations
- Data Visualisation tips and techniques that can be applied in the real-world
- Explore the end-to-end development of an interactive business focused dashboard
University Lecturer & Data Visualisation Evangelist
Paul Hodge is a Data Visualisation University Lecturer and Corporate Educator with a passion for exploring the intersection between data, design, and storytelling. By elevating everyone’s potential to engage, inform, and leverage design principles, Paul believes that we all have the ability to inspire people and share our insights in ways that can improve the world and make it a more interesting place to live in.
Leveraging his entrepreneurial spirit and drawing on a blend of business acumen and deep technical experience, Paul continues to work closely with C-level executive management, while bringing together business, technical and analytic teams to improve their productivity and achieve outstanding business outcomes.
What People Are Saying
“This was a great course!! Not only was it informative but Paul was extremely engaging. I’ve learnt a lot about key considerations involved with Data Visualisations and will definitely apply to this to my everyday work.”Australian Bureau of Statistics, November 2020
“This is a fantastic course…It is very informative and interactive. I would highly recommend this course to others.”Department of Justice & Community Services NSW, December 2020
“This course was really well organised. Paul’s presentation style was very engaging and the content was well designed, informative and visually appealing – loved this course!”Queensland State Archives, December 2020
“The course was a great investment of time that will offer easy ROI…A course everyone should do.”Department of Finance, February 2021