Gain the skills to take on more senior and complex roles.
Aimed at EL 1-2 level officers and management, this highly interactive, four-part online Masterclass will equip you with the tools and strategies you need to confidently take on more senior and complex roles in the public sector.
The course will help you to overcome the common internal and external barriers to success faced by women in the workplace. It will also enable you to enhance and refine your current leadership skills while developing new capabilities to take the next step in your career. Set a career plan, seize opportunities for progression, and learn how to purposefully lead yourself, your team and your organisation into the workplace of the future.
Choose your session below:
What can I expect from this online Masterclass?
• A personalised learning experience: With a maximum of 20 participants, in this intimate and hands-on Masterclass you will have the opportunity to share your personal objectives and organisational challenges, have 1-1 discussions with the facilitator and receive personalised feedback and insights.
• Build new connections and a support network of like-minded peers: You’ll get the chance to collaborate and problem-solve with a new network of APS professionals, all with a special interest in growing as EL1-2 leaders. Each participant will work in a small ‘learning circle’ throughout the four week training period to provide support, advice and networking between sessions, with many support networks continuing beyond the program and forging lasting relationships.
• Highly interactive module-based learning: Designed to give you all the same interactive and hands-on learning experiences you would expect from an in-person event, you won’t be a passive observer in this Masterclass. Be an active participant through small group breakout sessions, Q&A and scenario based discussions! Split over four learning modules, participants will have time to digest new learnings, think of further questions and put new skills and tools into practice between sessions.
• A toolkit of takeaway resources: Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks, tools that you will be able to implement immediately to assist your personal development journey and career progression goals.
Who will attend?
Aspiring, emerging and existing female leaders across the Australian Public Sector, in EL1 and EL2 or state based equivalent roles such as:
• Assistant Directors
• Senior Officers
• Senior Advisors
“Kathryn Thomas is a world class professional trainer who has changed how I view leadership generally and myself as a leader.” –Australian Taxation Office, September 2020
“This course is a must for all EL1-2 women in the public sector. Not only will you meet and connect with a great group of like-minded women, you will also gain many practical tools, tips and ideas for progressing your career and leadership aspirations.” –Department of Home Affairs, September 2020
Attend to learn:
- Define who you are as a leader and set yourself a plan for career progression
- Build your team’s capabilities and improve performance through strengths based leadership
- Learn how to engage effectively with diverse interests, values and perspectives
- Develop the skills to communicate with presence and authenticity