Specifically designed for EL 1-2 level officers and management, this highly interactive, four-part online Masterclass will equip you with the tools and strategies to lead with greater impact and confidently take on more senior and complex roles in the public sector.
Learn how to overcome the common internal and external barriers to success faced by women in the workplace, enhance and refine your current leadership skills and develop new capabilities to take the next step in your career. Set a career plan, seize opportunities for progression, and learn how to purposefully lead yourself, your team and your organisation into the workplace of the future.
This masterclass is:• Popular: Ourequal highest attended and rated leadership masterclass of 2020-21
• Highly Rated: With 360+ participants in 2020-21, Kathryn Thomas received an average customer satisfaction rating of 99%
• An incredible networking opportunity: You will be placed in small working teams, while also mixing it up with random groups, to cultivate new and lasting relationships with fellow APS leaders
What can I expect from this online Masterclass?• Professional online event delivery team and live IT support: This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers. Our live event delivery team will be online with you to address any IT challenges and support the facilitator so everyone can focus on learning without any distractions.
• A personalised learning experience: With a maximum of 20 participants, in this intimate and hands-on Masterclass you will have the opportunity to share your personal objectives and organisational challenges, have 1-1 discussions with the facilitator and receive personalised feedback and insights.
• Build new connections and a support network of like-minded peers: You’ll get the chance to collaborate and problem-solve with a new network of APS professionals, all with a special interest in growing as EL1-2 leaders. Each participant will work in a small ‘learning circle’ throughout the four week training period to provide support, advice and networking between sessions, with many support networks continuing beyond the program and forging lasting relationships.
• A toolkit of takeaway resources: Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks, tools that you will be able to implement immediately to assist your personal development journey and career progression goals.
Who will attend?Aspiring, emerging and existing female leaders across the Australian Public Sector, in EL1 and EL2 roles such as:
• Program Manager
• Assistant Director
• Senior Manager
• Senior Advisor
• Project Officer
• Team Leader
• Business Manager
• Senior Advisor
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
Benefits of attending
- Define who you are as a leader and set yourself a plan for career progression
- Build your team’s capabilities and improve performance through strengths based leadership
- Learn how to engage effectively with diverse interests, values and perspectives
- Develop the skills to communicate with presence and authenticity
- Become an enterprise-wide leader with the skills to lead change and transformation across your department or agency
- Learn how to lead the cross-generational, diverse & inclusive APS workforce
KT & Associates
With a global career of more than 20 years as a Management Consultant and Global Learning Leader, Kathryn specialises in unlocking performance for people and their organisations. Throughout her career, Kathryn has worked locally, nationally and globally as an HR leader specialising in organization cultural transformation and strategic capability development. Kathryn brings deep expertise in adult learning, facilitation, leading change and is a certified Executive Coach. Kathryn supports a range of local and national clients with a focus on supporting organisations and their people to thrive. In her previous global role for IBM she facilitated Executive Leadership development for the Asia Pacific IBM Executive Leadership team and development programs targeted at supporting high potential female leaders to grow their careers. Current clients include Executive Leadership development for a range of Public Sector Agencies including Department of State Growth, Department of Premier and Cabinet plus Government Business Enterprises, not for profits and Corporates. Kathryn brings 20+ years of experience as both a Board Chair and Board Director on Government and notfor-profit Boards.
What People Are Saying
“This was a perspective changing and behaviour motivating course. It’s been deliberately structured to suit a virtual environment and to encourage learning, which is noticeable and appreciated.”
“This course was a pivotal turning point in my career and mindset. It stands apart from other leadership and career courses. It is practical, inspiring and facilitated enduring relationships.”
“Kathryn Thomas is a world class professional trainer who has changed how I view leadership generally and myself as a leader.”
“This course is a must for all EL1-2 women in the public sector. Not only will you meet and connect with a great group of like-minded women, you will also gain many practical tools, tips and ideas for progressing your career and leadership aspirations.”
“This was the first leadership course that I felt really engaged in for a number of years. The content was relevant and current. Kathryn Thomas was delightful and very knowledgeable, and The Hatchery team were great. Would highly recommend this Masterclass to others.”