Choose your dates:
Practical, engaging and hands-on, this comprehensive Masterclass will equip you with the tools you need to thrive as a public sector leader and to tackle your career with drive, influence and resilience. In a safe and intimate environment you will have the opportunity to enhance core skills and explore the capabilities required for effective leadership within Government at your level.
This program is a ‘one stop shop’ for your leadership development and has been thoughtfully designed to optimise learning experience around your work week. You will walk away refreshed, inspired and confident in your leadership journey. We invite you to challenge yourself to learn new concepts and be invigorated by proven approaches you can apply right away to help elevate and transform the way you lead.
This masterclass is:• Led by an experienced and highly-rated virtual facilitator: 400+ past delegates gave Daniel a customer satisfaction rating of 98%
• Tailored, interactive, and practical: Get personalised feedback, practical frameworks and a tailored action plan
• Great for groups: Group bookings provide the opportunity to work together as a team as well as to forge new connections across the APS
We recently sat down with Masterclass facilitator Daniel Murray to discuss the key leadership capabilities and how he helps to equip leaders with them. Click play to watch the full video.
Why should I choose this Masterclass?• It’s built with your leadership needs in mind: If you are an emerging leader and wish to improve and develop in your role, this Masterclass is designed to provide the learning, training, concepts and structure every emerging leader needs to take charge of their growth. Don’t look elsewhere to find answers to your leadership questions.
• A personalised learning experience: With a maximum 25 participants, this intimate and hands-on Masterclass will give you the opportunity to share your personal objectives and organisational challenges, work in groups to solve problems and have direct discussions with the facilitator.
• Forge new connections and a support network of emerging leaders: You’ll get the chance to collaborate and problem-solve with a new network of like-minded public sector professionals. Each participant will work in small groups throughout the modules to provide support, advice and networking between sessions, with many support networks continuing beyond the program as lasting relationships.
• A toolkit to take away: Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks, shortcuts and hacks that you will be able to implement immediately to assist your leadership development journey and career progression goals.
Who is this Masterclass for?The series has been tailor-made for recently appointed, emerging and developing public sector leaders.
Aspiring, current and emerging managers and leaders from across the public sector in roles such as:
• Senior Officers
• Heads of
• Team Leaders
Group discounts are also available:
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
Benefits of attending
- Emulate core characteristics of great leaders including commitment, self-awareness, strategic thinking, emotional intelligence, empathy & resilience
- Build leadership authenticity, understand your values & boost your confidence
- Learn how to communicate with influence & clarity to your team, peers & managers
- Understand the constructs of trust & the impact it has on team engagement, productivity & satisfaction
- Build resilience to navigate challenging situations & solve complex problems
- Develop skills to set clear expectations & give feedback with clarity to drive performance
- Shift from being a manager of process to a leader of people (& find the balance between the two)
- Connect with behavioural objectives you need to develop in order to achieve your leadership goals
After a career in corporate strategy and management consulting within Australia’s largest financial services organisations, Daniel Murray (BSc, MBA) now helps businesses and leaders to drive performance through people, culture and empathy. Blending his background in analytics, mathematics and strategy, with a deep understanding of psychology, neuroscience and behavioural economics, Daniel has become an expert in building the capabilities, tools and strategies to embed strategic empathy.
As CEO of Empathic Consulting, Daniel has provided keynotes and training to companies such as PwC, Commonwealth Bank, Tyro, BHP, AIA, Swiss Re as well as government organisations such as ASIC, NSW Treasury and ICare. His ability to engage and entertain leaves his clients invigorated to strive for deeper levels of understanding and performance. His practical tools and ability to provide specific and relevant answers to challenging questions makes him a trusted advisor to everyone he works with.
What People Are Saying
“Completely engaged for the duration. Looking forward to putting my ‘rediscovered’ confidence into practice.”Department of Veterans’ Affairs, February 2022
“Great program and an awesome trainer. A valuable learning experience.”Department of Communities and Justice NSW, November 2021
“Well presented. Very interactive. Ideal for developing networks.”Energy Safe VIC, October 2021
“Fantastic presenter, great content and I’ve been equipped with some highly useful models that I’ll be able to use on a regular basis.”Department of Education Skills and Employment, April 2022
“Great course for all, no matter what your leadership experience is, this course provides new tools and a new outlook on how leaders will be shaped into the future.”Wholesale Manager, Royal Australian Mint, May 2022
“I love the way Daniel brought fresh perspectives to leadership and teams with useful tools which can directly help change the way people feel about their work.”Accounts Officer, Australian Antarctic Division, May 2022