Learn to read the room & understand your own behaviour
Think of the last time a superior dressed you down unnecessarily or immediately dismissed an idea that you raised due to their own bias.
How did that make you feel?
It’s easy for leaders to slip into a high-performance and outcomes-driven mindset regarding their teams, which can come across as transactional and dehumanising. It is also extremely common for leaders to allow emotions and reactions to cloud their judgement when communicating with their people, which detriments organisational performance and culture. Team members need a leader that is consistent, understanding and trustworthy in order to function at their full potential.
Fundamentally, this comes from leaders being able to empathise with the needs and challenges of their teams, and have an understanding of their own motivations and reactionary behaviors. Simply put, leaders need to be able to ‘read the room’ and demonstrate self-awareness in order to be fully effective. This is why emotional intelligence is the X-factor in leadership.
After taking part in this interactive online masterclass, you will be equipped with a practical toolkit to build meaningful assertiveness, confidence and influence. You will learn how to bolster motivation and engagement within your team, how to reduce conflict and build effective stakeholder relationships. Alongside learnings, insights and skills development, you will come away with clear development plans and specific action items to facilitate long standing change and grow sustainable high-performance cultures.
What can I expect from this masterclass?
• A highly engaging, deeply professional and world-renowned facilitator – Dr Jodie is on a heart-driven mission to give individuals, teams and organisations a healthier and more useful outlook on their projects and challenges. As a leading clinical psychologist she has a deep understanding of the human mind, and as an internationally acclaimed speaker, consultant and author she is able to deliver this knowledge in clear, actionable and sustainable strategies.
• Professional live online event delivery team and live IT support – This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers in this format. We have customised our offering to ensure all of your feedback is taken and actioned to provide the best possible experience for all customers.
• Interactive learning activities, compelling content and real-time Q&A – Process and personalise your learning with impactful breakout activities designed by Dr Jodie. You will also have the opportunity to ask your burning questions directly to her in a format that’s more intimate than passing around a microphone in a conference hall.
• A toolkit of takeaway resources – Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks and tools that you will be able to implement immediately to boost your emotional intelligence and become the leader you are meant to be.
Who will attend?
Managers and leaders from across the public sector. Anyone who leads people or would benefit from stronger interpersonal skills or self-awareness should attend this masterclass.
• Management through to senior leadership
• Director, Team Leader, Manager, Secretary, Assistant Commissioner and C-Suite
• Learning and development practitioners and HR leaders
• Anyone looking to engage teams and individuals more effectively
Attend to learn:
- Cultivate empathy to better understand the actions and motivations of your people
- Build self-awareness to understand your own behaviours and how they affect your team
- Demonstrate self-regulation to stay in control of your actions and make fewer mistakes
- Take-away strategies to reduce conflict and build cohesion, motivation and engagement