Apologies are confidence killers. So, why do women apologise all the time?
Women have a lower threshold of what they consider to be apology worthy. However, with every unnecessary apology you give, you chip away at your confidence. Professor Maja is on a mission to turn the apologetic communication styles of women into confidence building lingo.
Apologies have become a habitual way of communicating for many women and it’s intimately linked to feelings of being an imposter. Imposter syndrome ensures you never feel “good enough”, which can lead to you undervaluing yourself and feeling like you don’t belong.
Feeling like an imposter is demoralising and exhausting, but most of all, it kills your confidence and ability to step out of your comfort zone, take a risk and play big.
Maja draws on years’ worth of data collected with thousands of women around the world to inform her research and build her concepts and strategies. This seminar will help you to forget the apologies, claim your credibility, and learn to lead with confidence.
Click below to see Professor Maja’s TEDx Talk from 2019
This seminar is:
• Popular: Our highest attended leadership seminar of 2020-21
• Highly rated: With 400+ past delegates Professor Maja has a customer satisfaction score of 97%
• Inspiring and practical: Brimming with “ah ha!” moments, you will walk away empowered, equipped and energised
What can I expect from this seminar?
• A highly engaging, lively and world-renowned facilitator: Professor Maja lives and breathes her work, she is certainly not (or no longer) suffering from imposter syndrome and a lack of confidence. You will realise this the moment you meet her. Her goal is to give this same energy to women around the world.
• Professional live online event delivery team and live IT support: This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers. We have customised our offering to ensure all of your feedback is taken and actioned to provide the best possible experience for all customers.
• Interactive breakout activity and live Q&A: Process and personalise your learning with a perfectly timed and time-tested breakout activity designed by Maja. You will also have the opportunity to ask your burning questions directly to Maja in a format that’s more intimate than passing around a microphone in a conference hall.
• A toolkit of takeaway resources: Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks, tools that you will be able to implement immediately to boost your confidence, kill your inner imposter and become the leader you are meant to be.
Who will attend?
Aspiring, emerging and existing female leaders from all sectors. Anyone who could do with a confidence boost or build their communication skills needs to attend this seminar.
• Manager through to senior leadership
• Early career and emerging female leaders
• Learning and development practitioners
• Consultants and leadership coaches
• Women returning to work from leave
Groups of 10+ save 10%
Groups of 20+ save 20%
Please note group bookings must be made for the same package at the same time and discounts are valid off the current price.
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
Attend to learn:
- The first half of this seminar will focus on communication blunders, you will learn:
- Why apologies hurt your confidence and how to stop needlessly apologising
- How to strengthen your communication skills by avoiding minimising and disqualifying lingo
- How to switch out common communication pitfalls for more confident lingo
- The second half of this workshop will focus on the imposter syndrome, you will learn:
- What imposter syndrome is and the main fears behind it
- How to contextualise imposter syndrome feelings, instead of personalising them
- How to identify imposter syndrome and how it shows up in your life
- The poor coping strategies most people employ that lead us to play it safe
- How to deal with failures so you don’t internalise them