Why do you need to stop apologising?
Women have a lower threshold of what they consider to be apology worthy. However, with every unnecessary apology you give, you chip away at our confidence. Professor Maja is on a mission to turn the apologetic communication styles of women into confidence building lingo.
Apologies have become a habitual way of communicating for many women and it’s intimately linked to feelings of being an imposter. Imposter syndrome ensures you never feel “good enough”, which can lead to you undervaluing yourself and feeling like you don’t belong. Feeling like an imposter is demoralising and exhausting, but most of all, it kills your confidence and ability to step out of your comfort zone, take a risk and play big.
Maja draws on years’ worth of data collected with thousands of women around the world to inform her research and build her concepts and strategies. This seminar will help you to forget the apologies, claim your credibility, and learn to lead with confidence.
What can I expect from this Seminar?
• A highly engaging, lively and world-renowned facilitator
• Professional live online event delivery team and live IT support
• Interactive breakout activity and live Q&A
• A toolkit of takeaway resources
Who will attend?
Aspiring, emerging and existing female leaders from all sectors. Anyone who could do with a confidence boost or build their communication skills needs to attend this seminar:
• Manager through to senior leadership
• Early career and emerging female leaders
• Learning and development practitioners
• Consultants and leadership coaches
• Women returning to work from leave
Who is this not for?
This seminar is designed for women only. If this isn’t you, we highly recommend you consider our Communicating with Influence Masterclass or Emotional Intelligence Masterclass which are open to all genders.
Testimonials from last year’s seminar:
“Brilliant! Save yourself years worth of self development and reading and do this course!”
Senior Analyst, Department of Home Affairs, November 2020
“Inspirational workshop that inspired an ‘Ah Ha’ moment in self reflection. The apology train is leaving the station!”
Local Engagement Officer, Department of Justice and Community Safety VIC, November 2020
“Great energy that is infectious and inspiring!”
Contract Manager Lead-In Fighter Training Systems, Department of Defence, November 2020
“The seminar with Professor Maja was eye opening. I highly recommend all Leaders and up and comers attend any future seminars with her.”
Technical Specialist, Department of Defence, November 2020
Attend to learn:
- The first half of this seminar will focus on communication blunders, you will learn:
- Why apologies hurt your confidence and how to stop needlessly apologising
- How to strengthen your communication skills by avoiding minimising and disqualifying lingo
- How to switch out common communication pitfalls for more confident lingo
- The second half of this workshop will focus on the imposter syndrome, you will learn:
- What imposter syndrome is and the main fears behind it
- How to contextualise imposter syndrome feelings, instead of personalising them
- How to identify imposter syndrome and how it shows up in your life
- The poor coping strategies most people employ that lead us to play it safe
- How to deal with failures so you don’t internalise them