In the past, quality in disability services was sometimes viewed as important but not essential, mostly a compliance activity for accreditation. We now recognise the role that a good quality framework plays in service design and continuous improvement that can take organisations beyond a focus on compliance and towards a journey of excellence.
This interactive workshop will equip you with strategies to tailor your quality framework and consider ways to review and strengthen your organisation’s quality strategy to mature your quality framework. You will unpack what quality means for disability service providers and learn how it relates to and supports safeguarding in disability services. Walk away with the essential skills and capabilities you need to identify the current state of your quality framework and identify any gaps or areas for improvement.
What can I expect from this workshop?
- Walk away with a quality management framework that you will be able to use immediately
- An interactive learning experience: With a maximum of 30 participants, in this hands-on Workshop, you will have the opportunity to share your organisational challenges, work in small groups to solve problems with the facilitator and receive personalised feedback and insights
- Build new connections and a support network of like-minded peers: You’ll get the opportunity to collaborate and problem-solve with a new network of NDIS service providers
- Access and engage in real time anywhere in Australia and on any device: This Workshop is accessible on your computer, mobile or tablet using Zoom Meetings through your browser or smart app
Who should attend?CEOs, COOs, Non Executive Directors and Senior Executives from NDIS service providers with a responsibility for:
What will this workshop not cover?This workshop will not cover clinical governance frameworks nor provide operational guidance on quality improvement for managers or leaders. This event has been developed for governing bodies, executives and leaders responsible for ensuring Quality Frameworks are implemented, monitored and measured in organisations.
Group discounts are also available:
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
What will you take away?
- Recap of the current regulatory environment & expectations relating to quality improvement
- Unpack the core elements of a successful quality framework
- Assess your current quality management framework from a strategic level
- Develop a maturity map to drive quality improvement & address key gaps
- Implement a stage-by-stage approach to translate regulatory requirements at a service level
- Demystify what the regulators want & develop your regulatory posture
Lighthouse Advisory Services
Donna is a specialist in working on capacity and capability of people and systems to strengthen and integrate corporate and clinical governance in health and human services, including aged care and disability organisations.
She started her career as an allied health professional in the areas of brain injury respite and aged care. Donna has applied her knowledge in various governance roles within disability, aged care, sub acute care and primary health services for state-based and national providers. Areas of focus in these roles included quality management, incident management and investigation, business continuity, internal audit, risk management, compliance, and policy governance.
Donna was an expert panellist and presenter in the subject area of clinical and enterprise risk management for Altura (Aged Care Channel) and more recently has worked as a sessional lecturer for the University of Wollongong, teaching Corporate Governance for the MBA program. In 2020 she commenced as a Workshop Facilitator for the Australasian Institute for Clinical Governance. She is also an advisor for MOA Benchmarking for their Disability program.
What People Are Saying
“Very useful and practical content. Great knowledge of the facilitator. Got a lot from the breakout groups.”Riverland Mallee Coorong Local Health Network, Leading Clinical Governance in the NDIS Workshop, October 2021
“The training was highly relevant as a reflection on practice around clinical governance and to give further consideration to gap analysis processes.”Leading Clinical Governance in the NDIS Workshop, October 2021