Concerned with improving the quality and safety of healthcare services by identifying the circumstances and opportunities that put patients at risk of harm, clinical risk management is an essential tool to prevent and control those risks.
The Clinical Risk Management for Aged Care Providers digital Masterclass is your opportunity to learn how to take an organisational-wide approach to risk minimisation and high quality care delivery. Understand the essential principles of clinical risk management and the importance of clinical leadership. Bring along your clinical governance framework, and with the support of peers and the facilitator, learn how to strengthen your framework and leverage it for risk management.
Choose your session:
Why attend this event?
- Gain the knowledge and skills to enhance your planning and response to clinical incidents
- Highly interactive learning - You will get the chance to get involved with group based activities and get direct feedback from an expert. The Masterclass will have a maximum attendance of 20 people to ensure you get the most from this learning experience
- Networking opportunities - Make new connections with your peers in a small group setting
- Module-based learning - Take the time to digest learnings from Session One and identify your gaps in knowledge to be addressed in Session Two
Who should attend?
Executives and Managers from Home and Residential Aged Care Providers with responsibilities for:
- Clinical Governance
- Clinical Care
What will you take away?
- A clear understanding of what effective clinical risk management looks like, and the systems and processes that enable it
- Practical insights to strengthen your clinical governance framework and support the identification and mitigation of risk
- Insights into how to engage your staff - your core strength & greatest point of vulnerability
- Tools for risk identification and strategies to leverage your clinical governance framework for clinical risk management
- Case studies and lessons from incidents and sentinel events to improve care quality and strengthen your organisation
- Expert tips and advice for responding to a clinical incident and open disclosure
The Ideal Consultancy
With 30+ years in nursing, leadership and consulting Louise’s experience spans a diverse range of organisations including public hospitals, aged care services and consulting. Louise has led the quality and business improvement team at the Ideal Consultancy for the past 10 years. Established in 2009, The Ideal Consultancy (Ideal) is a specialist aged care and senior living advisory business bringing a unique mix of clinical and operational knowledge with business acumen and experience.
Louise’s focus is on creating innovative care models, supporting organisations to deliver quality care services and enabling financially sustainable business models. With considerable expertise in strategic and business planning, business development, leadership, quality and risk management, she has successfully consulted with and supported aged care providers across Australia.
Louise’s experience and expertise has also been called upon throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, where she is the Subject Matter Expert for the establishment of the Victorian Aged Care Response Centre.