Driving equality in leadership in male-dominated environments
While the situation is improving for women in the upper ranks of Defence, Policing and Emergency Services leadership, there is still significant progress to be made in order to reach equality.
Women currently make up less than 20% of the Defence workforce and under 15% of Armed Forces roles since finally being permitted to serve in 2016. The situation in Policing and Emergency Services is not much better, where only one third of all roles are held by women. All agencies have set ambitious targets to rectify this situation, but many are struggling to achieve them, particularly in the upper ranks of leadership.
The Women in Defence, Policing & Emergency Services Leadership Summit 2021 provides a candid environment to examine the organisational, cultural and social hurdles specifically faced by female leaders in these sectors and how to overcome them. Join us to gain insights from senior leaders and share experiences with your peers so you can join the advance to equality in your organisation.
What should you expect from this summit?
• VIP and international keynotes, case studies, fireside chats and interactive panel discussions detailing the challenges overcome and lessons learned by women in the upper ranks of leadership
• In depth workshops with practical toolkits to advance your career and build resilience in a male-dominated environment
• Interactive group networking sessions with peers from across the sector who face the same circumstances as you
• Fewer connection issues and greater interactivity, we have further upgraded our online events platform so you can focus even more energy on your learning and development
Our Digital Summit Testimonials
‘Such a great opportunity to refocus on what really matters and inspired me to look at the small steps we can all take to build a better workplace.’ – Inspector, Australian Border Force, Public Sector Women in Leadership Summit July 2020
‘The range of speakers, the passion with which they speak, and the community of women with whom you are listening makes you want to do more with your role and your career. This conference wasn’t just personal stories, but instead actionable take-away concepts and ideas.’ – Contract Manager, Department of Defence,
Public Sector Women in Leadership Summit November 2020
Who will attend?
• Current & emerging female leaders in Defence, Policing & Emergency Services
• Manager through to C-Suite, Commissioner & Secretary
• HR, Diversity & Capability Professionals & Leaders
• Learning & Development Leaders
Attend to learn:
- Tap into the valuable lessons learned by women leading in male-dominated environments
- Tackle career and leadership challenges head on and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Explore the incredible variety of career pathways both within and beyond Defence, Policing and Emergency Services
- Drive both gender and cultural equality and inclusion within the sector