Gain invaluable career advice from the personal stories and lessons learned from senior women in public sector leadership, from both Australia and abroad
Women make up around 59% of the APS, with the majority of these women holding positions at a classification level of EL2 and below, particularly at the APS4 classification where women occupy almost 70% of positions. This means it isn’t a lack of potential female leaders in the pool, nor a lack of opportunities for leadership roles, but various roadblocks to career progression preventing the APS from achieving greater gender equality. This summit is designed to address these roadblocks, both organisational and personal, and share the insights of the public sector’s most inspiring leaders from both Australia and abroad.
Designed specifically for an online format and with your work calendar in mind, the Public Sector Women in Leadership Digital Summit Week 2020 is your opportunity to get around social distancing, bypass travel and accommodation costs, and connect with like-minded peers from across the public sector. Hear incredible true stories about overcoming hardship, dealing with difficult situations, taking opportunities and facing challenges head on. Featuring VIP speakers, keynotes, fireside chats, and group networking and coaching sessions, you will walk away inspired, energised and equipped with valuable tools to take your leadership to the next level. Plus, with our unique half-day digital format you can learn in the morning and lead in the afternoon, actioning your takeaways immediately to maximise your leadership growth.
- Gain invaluable career advice from the personal stories and lessons learned from senior women within the APS and major US defence and homeland security agencies
- Affect real change in your organisation by learning how to lead with influence from Male Champions of Change and inclusive leaders
- Bypass social distancing and keep growing your skills by connecting digitally with like minded leaders from across Commonwealth and State Government
- Go beyond the expert speakers and tap into the knowledge and expertise of your peers through thoughtfully designed interactive sessions
- Personalise your learnings by joining interactive workshops on Emotional Intelligence and Resilience led by world class facilitators
Who will attend?
- Senior and aspiring leaders from all levels of Government
- HR, Diversity, Learning & Development, Inclusion and Cultural Change
- Male Champions of Change
- Executive Leadership Teams
Attend to learn:
- Build & strengthen your resilience to overcome personal & professional obstacles
- Tackle career & leadership challenges head on & actively seek out opportunities for growth
- Drive both gender and cultural equality & inclusion within the APS
- Develop an authentic leadership brand, understand your value & learn how to lead through massive organisational change and disruption