Prioritising mental health for a stronger public sector
The Productivity Commission’s Mental Health Inquiry Report quantified the financial cost of mental illness and suicide in Australia at $220 billion annually, putting a spotlight on mental health as an essential priority for public sector workplaces.
It’s evident that while most organisations are well versed in protecting the physical health of their employees, there’s still a lot more work to be done to genuinely improve strategies around psychological safety and wellbeing. These challenges have been further exacerbated with new and increased mental health risks and the evolution of work caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, with increased uncertainty and the rapid shift to working from home.
Join progressive leaders, advocates, and experts at this two-day digital conference to explore best practice workplace mental health strategies. Gain practical tools and advice so you can implement and improve evidence based approaches to better support the wellbeing of employees in your organisation.
What will you take away from this conference?
• Listen and learn from lived experience with discussions on how employers should respond to disclosures and how co-design can enhance mental health strategies
• Hear an update from Comcare on the Employee Assistance Program Review and early intervention initiatives
• Unpack common challenges such as engaging leaders and building a safe and inclusive workplace culture and identify the building blocks of successful workplace mental health strategies
• Take learnings from a range of experiences and perspectives to help shape your mental health strategies with practical case studies, expert advice shaped by current research, and real insights from lived experience
• Share your thoughts and ask your burning questions in interactive polls, panel discussions and Live Q&A
• Connect with your peers virtually and continue to grow your network
Who will attend?
Senior leaders from Federal, State & Local Government with responsibility for:
- Work Health & Safety
• Human resources
• People & Culture
• Health & Wellbeing
• Inclusion & Diversity
• Organisational Psychology
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Attend to learn:
- Implement best practice workplace mental health strategies
- Understand & manage emerging psychosocial risks
- Evaluate & improve the impact of mental health & wellbeing initiatives
- Engage leaders & managers to create a culture that supports wellbeing & performance