aron Johnstone is Founder & Director of INTERACT Policy and Industry Solutions, a policy consultancy supporting greater collaboration between government and industry. In 2023, Aaron established INTERACT to support interaction between industry and government for better public policy.
Aaron has nearly 30 years’ experience in public policy and industry advocacy. He began his career in Canberra as a Graduate in the Australian Government in 1995, and his public sector experience in Australia and the UK has included a variety of roles, such as:
- Education and training policy reform in various national and state government bodies in Queensland and Victoria
- Communication strategies for Westminster City Council in central London
- Strategic political and policy advice as a Ministerial Adviser for the Hon Anna Bligh MP in her time in the Beattie State Government Cabinet.
Between 2007 and 2023, Aaron held leadership and public policy roles with key national industry bodies, including the Australian Industry Group (Ai Group) and Cement Concrete and Aggregates Australia (CCAA). These roles entailed working closely with industry and government leaders in shaping policy and responding to key challenges, including:
- Developing and advancing industry positions and policy in areas such as heavy vehicle regulation, health and safety, natural resources, environmental regulation, planning, and infrastructure
- Managing joint industry-government research projects
- Undertaking industry surveys and presenting results to government and sector representatives
- Facilitating and managing of member engagement activities, conferences, and gala industry events
He has a Bachelor of Arts in Government and History (University of QLD) and an Executive Master of Public Administration (University of Melbourne/ANZSOG).