Ms Rebecca Skinner PSM commenced as Services Australia Chief Executive Officer on 16 March 2020.
Rebecca originally joined the Australian Public Service in 1993 after four years teaching secondary school.
Before coming to Services Australia, she held the role of Associate Secretary of Defence. She was responsible for Defence enterprise planning, performance and risk management, and the integration of all corporate enabling functions across the department.
Prior positions held include:
- Deputy Secretary Strategic Policy and Intelligence (2016-2017)
- Deputy Secretary Defence People (2014-2016)
- First Assistant Secretary Capability Investment and Resources (2012-2014)
- First Assistant Secretary Ministerial and Executive Coordination and Communication (2011-2012)
- First Assistant Secretary Strategic Policy (2008-2011).
- Rebecca also served as Assistant Secretary Defence and Intelligence at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. She has also been a senior executive in the Attorney General’s Portfolio.
Rebecca has a Bachelor of Science Degree and a Graduate Diploma in Education from the University of Melbourne. She also has a Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Computer Science) from Swinburne University. She is a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Rebecca was awarded a Public Service Medal in June 2021 for outstanding public service. This is recognition for service in the areas of national security policy, intelligence, business transformation and service delivery.